The Australian Top 30 finalists in the PATRÓN Perfectionists Cocktail Competition have been announced, with consumers now able to vote online for their favourite drink to reach the Top 10 round.
PATRÓN Perfectionists called upon mixologists from 20 countries to submit a cocktail recipe that reflects their journey to find perfection behind the bar. On the competition closing on 31 May, 138 entries from across Australia had been submitted.
The competition criteria were based on flavour, appearance and inspiring and engaging and originality. The Top 30 finalists have moved into the consumer voting stage, with the Top 10 to be announced on 23 July.
“This year’s competition entries have shown some of the strongest entries we’ve seen to-date,” Bacardi-Martini Australia brand ambassador and 2017 PATRÓN Perfectionist finalist Joseph Chisholm said.
“The tremulous year that has been has fuelled creativity and innovation that is truly outstanding. It really re-affirms what an impressive hospitality scene we have here in Australia.”
The Australian Top 30 finalists are:
- Harrison Kenney, Cantina Ok!
- Sion Roberts, Dead Ringer
- Ross Appleby, The Swinging Cat
- I Putu Dedik Suarjana, Bodhi Restaurant Bar
- Kelham Waterfield, The Duke of Clarence
- Benjamin Walsh, The Duke of Clarence
- Pauric Kennedy, Barangaroo House
- Minh Le, Loft Byron Bay
- Ashley Miller, Blue Kahunas
- Jacob Wicks, Sarino’s
- Surekha Krishnan, Coda & Tonka Restaurants
- Kristian Leombruni, Dessous
- Corina Retter, Capitano
- Ava Govanstone, Mjolner
- Miriam Wahlhuetter, LOVER
- Aiden Rodriquez, Eau de Vie
- Tom Gibbs, Bar Clara
- Grace Rawlins, Memphis Slims House of Blues
- Thomas Sykes, Extra Chicken Salt
- Matthew Blyth, Shotgun Willie’s
- Talis Heggart, Memphis Slim’s House of Blues
- Nicholas Favaro, Bar Torino
- Georgia Edmonds, Bank Street Social
- Marcus Pascoe, Bank Street Social
- Pravin Phuyal, Hot Tamale
- Niccolo’ Maffezzoni, The Trader Bar
- David Brosnan, Savile Row
- Rebecca Bayley, Cielo Rooftop
- Liam Shephard, Bisou Bisou
- Daniella Darakis, The Gresham
Consumers will experience contenders’ cocktails first-hand with cocktails available in the Australian Top 30 bars from 24 June. QR codes on the menus will make consumer voting easy.
For consumers who are unable to get out to trial these creations, they can get creative at home with recipes available on patronperfectionists.com.
“This is an incredibly exciting year for the PATRÓN Perfectionists competition and I’m glad that we’ve been able to adapt with this new format,” PATRÓN global commercial execution and PATRÓN Perfectionists Competition founder Matt Sykes said.
“Consumers have a great appreciation for cocktail making and this offers them a new way to get involved and show their appreciation and support for great cocktails.
“To give consumers a chance to vote for their local Top 30 is another first for us and we can’t wait to see which cocktails and bartenders have resonated at home,” he said.
The Top 10 mixologists per country will then take part in a national final, judged by a panel of four global experts. The Australian winner will be flown to Jalisco, Mexico in January 2022 to compete against the other national finalists in the global final at Hacienda PATRÓN, where one talented bartender will be named PATRÓN Perfectionist 2021.